Billboard Taps Golnar Khosrowshahi For ‘Maximum Exposure’ Issue
Music industry trade Billboard Magazine unveiled its annual Maximum Exposure issue this week. In the issue, Billboard turns to "industry experts to rate the best ways to generate buzz and drive sales of a music release for established stars." The results are compiled into a list ranking the best ways to keep superstar acts in the spotlight.
Panelists in this year’s issue included prominent artist managers, record label executives, publicists, agents–and Reservoir’s own president, Golnar Khosrowshahi. Alongside her peers, Golnar rated the effectiveness of covetable promotional outlets like TV advertisements, Super Bowl performances, coverage on Fox’s Glee, Youtube placements, social media activity, and dozens of other posts meant to bring eyes and ears to an artist’s release.
The top ten most promising promotional plugs were ranked as follows:
1. A Superbowl halftime-show performance
2. A Grammy Awards performance
3. Homepage placement on iTunes
4. Placement in TV commercial that runs during a special event
5. A performance on Saturday Night Live
6. An artist’s first arena-level headlining tour
7. Placement in a high-rotation TV ad for a leading car company
8. A performance during the Country Music Association Awards
9. Placement in a high-rotation TV ad for a leading shoe brand
10. A performance on Coachella’s mainstage
The Billboard Maximum Exposure issue, featuring Psy of "Gangnam Style" viral-video fame on the cover, is on stands now.